RE: [squid-users] time based Instant Message blocking

From: Manu C S <manu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:05:10 -0600 (CST)

Hi Adam,

Like I mentioned yesterday I got my squid 2.5 running on IPCop.
Took awhile to figure out the new configuration and I finally
got it up & running. Thanks so very much for all your inputs.
Couldn't have done it without them.

I found that with the new Squid, I have partial success
with regards to my original problem.
(Recap: As an unprivileged user on Windows XP/2K, I was able to
 browse the net via proxy, but couldn't use Yahoo & MSN messengers
 via proxy.)

I am able to successfully use MSN messenger with the new proxy.
But I still have the same problem with yahoo messenger.
I was just wondering: MSN allows you to specify
user-authentication (user/password/realm) in its sign-in
options whereas yahoo doesn't.

Do you think that could be the reason why yahoo fails to
connect me through? And how do I get around it?

Regards,
Manu

The art of living is to gain this ability in life -
to free your mind of the past, to free your mind of future
fears, and to be able to play with every situation that
is in front of you, to be able to take every situation
that is in front of you.
- Sri Sri RaviShankar
http://www.artofliving.org