Re: [squid-users] Transparency

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:10:24 -0500

Thank you.

Unfortunately, it seems we can't use transparency mode, for two reasons.

The first is authentication. That howto specifically says that you cannot
use authentication via transparency.
The sole purpose of us using the proxy is for authentication.

The second is because of https. We have to allow https traffic, as well.

Can anyone please verify these two pieces before I tell my boss no? :-)

Regards,

Tim Rainier

"Michael Buck" <mbuck@buckconstruction.com>
10/30/2003 10:57 AM