[squid-users] cachemgr.cgi just redirects me

From: Y Jones <yeattsj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:01:41 -0500

I upped the debugging level to 3 by editing the cachemgr.cc source code and
recompiling
squid. I also changed my httpd.conf a bit to allow directory indexing like
so:
   Options Includes FollowSymLinks Indexes

Now I get this in my apache error log when I try to get in:

cmgr: encoding for pub...
cmgr: got req: host: 'localhost' port: 80 uname: '' passwd: '' auth: ''
oper: ''
wrote request: 'GET cache_object://localhost/ HTTP/1.0
Accept: */*

'
...and I get to a page that says "Cache Manager menu for localhost:"
and lists all the directories in my root web folder....But I still
don't actually get the cache manager. Telnetting to
localhost 80 and typing:
     GET cache_object://localhost/ HTTP/1.0
gives me the same.

If anyone anywhere has any idea whatsoever pertaining to
a possible solution, however remotely possible, please, please
reply.

Thanks in advance.

>I tried installing the cachemgr.cgi from a stable release,
>but it still just redirects me. I've carefully read and
>followed the directions in the FAQ for configuring apache.
>I don't think my httpd.conf file is the problem, though,
>since I get the login page. Any ideas on things
>to try would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>>I am running squid on port 80 and apache on port 81
>>like this: http_port 80 accel vport=81
>>
>>When I visit http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi
>>I get
>>
>>Cache Host:
>>Cache Port:
>>Manager name:
>>Password:
>>
>>I enter localhost and 80.
>>
>>When I click "Continue..." I am redirected to http://localhost:81/
>>and I don't get logged in.
>>
>>I've tried setting and unsetting
>> cachemgr_passwd secret all
>>I've tried various usernames.
>>
>>cachemgr.cgi/3.0-PRE3-20031002
>>
>>Thanks for your help.

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan
online from McAfee.