Re: [squid-users] squid doesn't cache anything

From: Y Jones <yeattsj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:14:59 -0500

It sounds like you're probably more advanced than I am with
squid, so I apologize if this is obvious, but I've learned some about
when things do and don't cache by lynxing pages through squid
and then lynxing them directly from the site & then comparing the headers
like this:

lynx -mime_header -dump http://my.squid.com/home.htm | head -n 15
lynx -mime_header -dump http://my.site.com/home.htm | head -n 15

Often I'll see that a header like Last-Modified, or Cache-Control isn't
being set the
way I need it to be.