Re: [squid-users] i have problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:12:43 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, alex_us wrote:

> Compilation began. Then I have seen the message:
>
> WARNING: ARP ACL support probably won't work on i386-portbld-freebsd4.8.
>
> After it process of Compilation stops.

Then some coding is required to teach Squid how to look up the MAC address
of the client IP on FreeBSD4.8.

A better question: Why do you want to use ARP ACLs? Such ACLs are VERY
limited in functionality and does not really provide any added security
compared to IP based ACLs, only more and very significant restrictions.

It is almost as easy to change the MAC address as it is to change the IP
address. Details varies with the OS.