Re: [squid-users] squid error pages squid 2.5.stable4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:37:02 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Andrew D wrote:

> Damn, is there an easy way of doing that or would I _have_ to go to 3?
> Policies here about using unstable versions blah blah.

We (MARA Systems, where I work) added message support to the external_acl
framework as part of our integration package for the Cerberian content
filter service. This integration package is available for Squid-2.5 from
http://marasystems.com/cerberian/. The Squid patches found there provides
similar functionality in Squid-2.5 as the external_acl functionality
provided by Squid-3 (these Squid-2.5 patches are in fact the basis of the
external_acl functionality found in Squid-3).

Support for these patches can be purchased from MARA Systems if required.

> or you got any idea on how soon a stable release of 3 will be available?

When the Squid developers are happy with the release and considering it to
meet the quality requirements for a STABLE stamp. Hopefully not before
very long.

As all my previous estimates on Squid releases have always been off by
50-100% or more I have stopped to give esimates on when the next Squid
release will be available. What I can tell is tha the more people who help
to seriously test the Squid-3 release and write good quality bug reports
in our bug reporting tool when finding problems and feedback to squid-dev
when things do work the faster the process of releasing the next STABLE
relase will be.

Related note: squid-users ml is primarily focused on the current STABLE
release of Squid.