Re: [squid-users] large storage

From: Netguy <netguy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:30:31 +0300

> Do you really need that large storage in a single Squid proxy? There is
> very little return when growing the cache beyond 1 weeks worth of content.

i get now around 24% bytehitratio other compititors in my country is getting
around 40% with 1TB cache using cacheflow

> The upper limit depends on your OS and architecture
i am using now FreeBSD 4.8. and planning also to use FreeBSD for the machine
(either 4.9 or 5.2 when released)

i think freebsd support upto 2GB for single process right?
if so what is the recomended 32-bit OS

btw can COSS be a future solution or not?

Netguy