[squid-users] cache_swap_low and cache_swap_high

From: Raja R <r.raja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:33:32 +0530

Hi All,
I have a machine with 512 MB RAM (1 GB swap), p-3 with cpu speed 930 Mhz. I
have 4 cache partitions of sizes around 3 GB. (around 60 % configured in
squid.conf)
I have around 425 users and have a 2 Mbps internet link. The Hard disk is
IDE. It is Not a Server Class machine.
I am getting a poor response for internet , though the link avl. is high.
I am feeling squid server is the bottleneck.
Can you pls explain the cache_swap_low and cache_swap_high params w.r.t the
performance and if I can tune up any other params to speed up my proxy
server ?
My cache_mem is 8 MB.

PLS SUGGEST

TIA,