Re: [squid-users] --> problem with wb_ntlmauth !

From: Alex Carlos Braga Antão <alex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:32:10 -0300

Thomas,

     With winbind you do not have a file with the users. wb_group is an
external acl that gets the users on a group you define on your AD.
      The basics to configure it is:

        1) install and configure samba (note: it must be configure with
security=domain, encrypt passwords=yes). The comands here are all for
samba 2.2.8 ! samba 3.0 changes a lot of things...
        2) type : man winbindd it gives you a complete way to install
your winbind daemon. It is not necessary to configure PAM, but do not
forget to copy the lib_nsswinbind.so (and the link) to /lib directory
        3) test winbind:
               -- first add your machine to the domain: smbpasswd -j
DOMAIN -U user -r AD_MACHINE (the user must have access to create
machine accounts).
               -- second, set a user for winbind: wbinfo --set-auth-user
DOMAIN\user%password
               -- third, type: wbinfo -u (gives you all users from your
AD), and wbinfo -g (gives you all groups from your AD), wbinfo -a
DOMAIN\user%password (to test if it is able to authenticate a user).
         4) with these working, time to compile squid. I used the
folowing configuration options here:
./configure --with-async-io --enable-storeio=null,aufs,diskd
--enable-removal-policies=heap,lru --enable-useragent-log
--enable-referer-header --enable-icmp --enable-snmp
--enable-cachemgr-hostname --enable-ssl
--enable-default-err-language=Portuguese --enable-auth=basic,ntlm
--enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=winbind --enable-basic-auth-helpers=winbind
          5) install squid, go to /usr/local/squid/libexec
          6) type : ./wb_auth -d it will say somethings and give you
no prompt. Just type: DOMAIN\user password (with ONE Space!). If you
typed a valid username/password, the last thing it prints is OK
otherwise is ERR. This means your wb_auth/winbind is working perfectly.
          7) For the wb_group, if you type wb_group -d , and then type
DOMAIN\\user a_domain_group it will give you OK if that user is on that
group.

        If wb_group works, give you an OK for a valid username/group
combination, it means that everything is OK with your system.
        Then you must configure squid.conf to accept your wb_group.
There is a nice readme on squid's src wb_group (on
helpers/external_acl/winbind_group). Take a read on it, and contact me
if you get some trouble...

Alex.