Re: [squid-users] fastening squid to a port: problem

From: Payal Rathod <payal-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:45:52 +0000

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 04:30:03PM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Payal Rathod wrote:
>
> > The problem is that they can browse alright, but the acls I have defined
> > do not work. e.g. I don't allow access to hotmail and yahoo but when
> > they remove the port, they are allowed to go to those sites.
> > Using iptables I have blocked their direct access to outgoing port , so
> > they are forced to use proxy. But they now don't give port no. and
> > browse freely.
>
> Most likely you have two proxies running on your server. Squid listening
> on port 3128, and something else on port 80.

Thanks for the mail. Well, I have only one proxy running, and webserve
ris on 80. But I believe I mentioned port 0? What might be the reason
that squid behaves taht way when port is set to 0 or none?

With warm regards,
-Payal

--
For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com