[squid-users] Errors Starting Squid

From: Thron <thronh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:26:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I actually have 2 different questions.

1st. I have squid starting in a cron job with the
command “@reboot /some/where/RunCache &” Now this
starts the service but the process doesn’t change
users it runs as root.

2nd. after boot no one can connect to the internet
through the proxy. This error below shows up and then
everyone can connect.

login: Nov 4 15L50:30 server-name kernel: pid 445
(squid), uid 1001: exited on signal 6

Nov 4 15:50:30 server-name squid[445]:
authenticateNTLMHandleReply: called with no result
string

How can I resolve these problems? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Thron