[squid-users] VPN TCP Tunnel Through Squid Proxy

From: Ed Alexander <Ed.Alexander@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:35:21 -0500

I'm running Squid 2.x on a Smoothwall box in a home network. I'm trying
to connect to the Cisco VPN concentrator at work via a TCP tunnel on
port 80.

With the squid server running as a transparent proxy, it won't connect.
  If I turn off squid, it connects without problem. I've tried various
acl's to allow the traffic through, but nothing has worked thus far.

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a pointer or two. TIA.

Cheers,
Ed