Re: [squid-users] transparente proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:34:28 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, silviomaestro wrote:

> How can I configure transparente proxy for every users without only one
> station or user .

???

> I will ask of another way:
>
> I need to configure transparent proxy for my every users but only one i can
> not configure transparent proxy becouse he needs . How can i do this in
> squid proxy ?

Are you asking how you can configure the interception in such manner that
all users except for one user have their port 80 traffic intercepted and
redirected to the proxy?

This is done by having a rule at your interception point (router/firewall
etc) which accepts to forward the traffic for the user who is not to be
intercepted, and then followed by another rule that intercepts all port 80
traffic.

Details on how to intercept traffic can be found in the Squid FAQ chapter
on interception caching/proxying
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html>. The details on how
to make exceptions to the interception varies depending on what you use
for the interception.