RE: [squid-users] Logging only

From: Tom Lahti <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:58:39 -0800

At 09:17 AM 11/6/2003, Adam Aube wrote:
> > Has anyone configured squid as a logging only server? I just want
> > monitor Internet access without caching or forwarding of
> > traffic.
>
>See the FAQ - "Can I make Squid proxy only, without caching anything?"
>
>http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.20
>
>Adam

Actually, the answer is no, you can't have squid log without at least
proxying (forwarding) your web traffic. In order to log, it has receive
the traffic. Once it receives the traffic, it must do something with
it. If you don't want it forwarded, then you don't send it to squid at all.

    Tom Lahti
    Tx3 Online Services

    (888)4-TX3-SVC (489-3782)
    http://www.tx3.net/