[squid-users] Can i bypass authentication for an application running on a pc

From: Matthew Richards <matthew.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:05:08 +1100

Hello squid users,

I have an application which retrieves telephone and address info from the net that runs on all of my
organisations workstations. It cannot be configured to authenticate to a proxy server. I wish to have
my users authenticate when browsing but bypass authentication for the application running on the
same workstation.

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to have a user challenged to authenticate by squid but
have an application on the same computer access the Internet without being challenged?

Thanks very much,
Matthew Richards