Re: [squid-users] Win32 performance issues

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:06:33 +0100

Hi,

Il 11.37 10/11/2003 Ounsted, Toby ha scritto:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking at running Win32 squid and doing some testing.
>
>I'm using the binaries available from http://www.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT/
><http://www.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT/> . So far I've looked at both 2.5
>Stable 3 with External DNS and also 2.5 Stable 4. I'm also specifically
>using NTLM via the line 'auth_param ntlm program
>C:/SQUID/LIBEXEC/ntlm_win32_auth.exe -a proxy-users' to get usernames into
>the logfile. Squid is running on NT4SP6a with 1Gb RAM and no visible load /
>performance issues.
>
>Generally all is well. However intermittently during testing I am finding
>that the browser - IE6 in this case - appears to 'lock up', and be
>unresponsive to clicks etc. Typing a new address into the navigation button
>does nothing, and neither does hitting stop / reload etc. The globe in the
>top right spins away but nothing else happens. The only way out is to kill
>the browser and open up a new one. I've not been able to determine a
>specific circumstance where this happens and nothing is logged in cache.log
>etc.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas for this?

Do you can try with a Squid Unix/Linux build with same config ?
I need to know if this is a specific Windows problem or a general IE +
squid problem.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/