Re: [squid-users] Permissions of Cache Dir

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:43:41 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Altrock, Jens wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I got squid 2.5 stable4 set up completely on RH9, but when creating the
> cache dirs squid returns a no permission error.
> I am using a user squid with group squid to run it on. How and what
> permissions do i need to set?

The cache directory needs to exists and be writeable by the
cache_effective_user, or by the user you start Squid as if not starting
Squid as root.

> And by the way: is there a chance to set homedir of a user after creating
> the user?

Yes, just modify the homedir of the user in the system password file, or
use any of the system accounts administration tools to make the
modification without having to edit the system password file directly.