Re: [squid-users] reply_body_max_size ACLs ignored? (solved)

From: David Landgren <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:50:33 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, David Landgren wrote:
>

>>reply_body_max_size 0 allow user_davidl user_tomn
>

> This is a contradiction and can never be true. The same request can not
> come from both users at the same time.
>
> What you want is a single ACL listing all users in this category of users,
> and then refer to this single acl in reply_body_max_size. The logics of
> reply_body_max_size is idendical to that of http_access:
>
> Squid FAQ 10.1 Access Controls Introduction
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.1>

Just for the record, this was indeed the problem. I'm kicking myself for
not having thought about ANDing ACLs. I've changed the above to

reply_body_max_size 0 allow user_davidl
reply_body_max_size 0 allow user_tomn

and of course everything works correctly now. Thanks Henrik.

David

--
Commercial OS breeds commerce, whereas free OS breeds freedom,
the only thing more dangerous and confusing than commerce.