Re: [squid-users] command line testing of squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:16:15 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 edward.leibrick@csm.com.au wrote:

> Is there a definitive guide to testing squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group
> from the command line ?

Basic auth helpers (i.e. squid_ldap_auth) wants

username password

as input.

external group helpers (i.e. squid_ldap_group) wants

username groupname

both responds with OK/ERR indicating if the lookup was successful or not.

> Also a list of the variables that are passed from squid eg %v

%v is not a variable passed by Squid to the helper.

%v was the filter format code used in the initial squid_ldap_group version
and replaced by the group name I think. This has been replaced by more
obvious filter format codes in later revisions of the helper. See the
helper manpage.

> I have tested my filter with ldapsearch and it works using the full dist
> name but I cant seem to find a reasonable guide or simple list of
> options for squid_ldap_group ( which seem to have other options from
> squid_ldap_auth, such as group dn base)

Have you read the squid_ldap_group man page?