Re: [squid-users] Re: caching dynamic pages

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:00:39 +0100 (CET)

But dynamic pages does not have any information at all wrt expiry. There
is nothing to override.

Date: now
Last Modified: unknown (now assumed by Squid).

Apply your refresh_pattern setting to this and I think you will see why
the page is not getting cached.

It should be noted that it is not generally safe to enable caching of
dynamic content. Many web sites does not know that dynamically generated
content MAY be cached unless explicitly indicated that the information is
not cacheable but simply assumes their dynamic content will not get cached
by shared proxy caches. Because of this you risk breaking web sites and in
some cases even leak sensitive private information between users if
enabling caching of dynamic content.