[squid-users] Re: ERR_CACHE_ACCESS_DENIED

From: Norman Zhang <nzhang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:07:20 -0800

Hi,

>>> Neither of the two requests shown in your log uses SSDOWNLOAD in the
>>> User-Agent.. The first is "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
>>> Windows NT 5.1)", the second "SSREADER/3.7.0.0001"
>>
>> When I grep through access.log, I did see SSDOWNLOAD. Now I added
>> SSREADER too. Do I need a special ACL for Mozilla/4.0 too? I thought
>> that's pretty standard?
>
> Do you still have problems using the application?

I still can't download the list of docs from internet through Squid. I think
my first report that it worked for some and not others was bogous. The ones
downloaded were actually cached when used without Squid. My new acl looks
like this. What parts of the log should I investigate further?

acl ssread browser SSDOWNLOAD
acl ssread browser SSREADER
http_access allow ssread

> The first request did not look like being sent by this application.

The Mozilla part had to do with TCP_MISS. I don't know what's going on
there. But when I added,

acl ssread browser Mozilla

some browsers (IE6.1 on slower machines) had to wait for a long time before

Regards,
Norman