Re: [squid-users] Squid and NTLM issue...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:01:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Kaan Saldiraner wrote:

> My Major issue is that there is an internal website (intranet) which has to
> use Windows integrated authentication (Don't ask me why, i am not the windows
> guy.. :-p). Can you give me your setup or is there a setup to make this work?

Don't use the proxy for access to this internal web site.

All browsers allows to configure to not use the proxy for certain web
sites.

Another option if you absolutely must use the proxy fir this web site is
to use a Basic->NTLM authentication gateway. See "Related Software" on the
Squid page. This gateway converts standard Basic HTTP authentication to
Microsoft NTLM (using LANMAN authentication level I think..)