[squid-users] Changing Squid Error Files

From: Dan DeLong <ddelong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:32:14 -0500

I am running squid2.5.STABLE4. In my squid.conf file I have the following
line that points to my error files.
error_directory /squid/share/errors/English
I have a site that is getting the Zero Sized Reply error that, to the best
of my knowledge, is being called from the ERR_ZERO_SIZE_OBJECT file.

I want to change this error file to a more generic error before I fix the
cause of the error. However, I have changed this error file to be a generic
html file (keeping the file name the same of course) yet I still keep
getting the same Zero Sized Reply error page instead of my new generic error
page.

I have no idea how this is happening as I have no file now containing the
text "Zero Sized Reply" I have completely cleared any cache folders and
restarted squid but nothing changes. What am I missing ??
Any help is greatly appreaciated as I am pulliing out what little hair I
have left.!!

Thanks,
Dan