Re: [squid-users] Chaining squid behind an Anti-Virus proxy.

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:09:13 +0000

On Thursday 20 November 2003 10:08 am, Gabriel M. Mizrahi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having difficulties on chaining squid behind an Anti-virus proxy,
>
> Somehow, squid is bypassing the AV proxy and accessing the internet
> independently.
>
> Both squid and the AV run on the same machine.
>
> Can anyone help me with resolving this issue?

Tell us your configuration: ie. what ports is each application listening on,
what config have you used to try and tell Squid to chain to another proxy on
the same box, etc.

Without knowing exactly what you've done, we can't point to the bit we think
is not quite right.

Antony.

--
Programming is a Dark Art, and it will always be. The programmer is fighting
against the two most destructive forces in the universe: entropy and human