[squid-users] Authentication problem in squid

From: Chaman Rana <chaman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:02:41 +0530

Hi,
      I want to implement authentication in Squid proxy in Red Hat Linux 9
. Normal configuration is working fine. I tried with smb_auth but I get
authentication window which asks for username and password but if I give
valid username and password it keeps asking for 4 times and access denied
page comes up. Samba server is working fine and authenticate with same
username and password and it works .My network is not in domain environment
but workgroup environment. All windows machine access web through the squid
server. What all are the procedures to follow to configure authentication
through samba. My configuration are as follows

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/smb_auth /etc/samba/smbpasswd
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

acl xpassword proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl xpassword proxy_auth

http_access allow xpassword

If possible please send me configured squid.conf files.

Thanking You,

Warm Regards,
Chaman Rana
Engineer - Technical Services