[squid-users] UK Success Story

From: Mark Taylor <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:35:51 +0000

Hi Guys,

Just got the OK from the company concerned to publicly announce:

Walkers Snack Foods (largest snack food manufacturer in the UK and
subsiduary of Pepsico - *everyone* eats their stuff over here!) are
using Squid (with Samba 3) to integrate their increasing use of Open
Source with their existing Active Directory domain.

We've just finished helping them replace MS ISA with Squid,
authenticating against AD using Samba 3 components.

A massive thank-you and huge praise to the Squid team from the Walkers
tech team (this project led by Alasdair Morison) for all your hard work
and for the wonderful technology that Squid is.

I'm told that Walkers were the *first* site in the UK to deploy MS ISA
and were once a reference site for the product. It is now been reduced
to a coffee coaster thanks to you and the Samba team's hard work

Heartfelt thanks from the UK!

Cheers,

Mark

--
"...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more
expected..."