RE: [squid-users] Memory usage keeps rising.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:59:20 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Meyerovich Aleksandr EB_NY wrote:

> Hi Antony,
>
> The reason I think it's a problem for I rolled up from 2.5-STABLE1 to 2.5-STABLE4 with the identical configuration. Under 2.5-STABLE1 with the same configuration memory usage was stable
> and around 10%. Now even at night (we are not a 24x7 shop) memory usage increases when nobody
> is accessing the Internet.

Are you really sure you was using the same cache_mem setting?

Your Squid memory usage with these settings should be probably around
400-500MB, but as you have not indicated how much disk cache you are
using I am guessing, it for sure will use no less than 350MB however
(more than 50% of your memory).
See the Squid FAQ on memory usage if you have not already.

REgards
Henrik