[squid-users] Re: ncsa password expiry

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:14:52 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 Winston.Tan@allianz.com.sg wrote:

> There is no way i can configure the chpasswd.conf to have an expired date
> for user passwords. And we want to tied according to our security
> procedures. We want it in such a way that It must have one big character
> with number as well. Can it be tied to out Windows NT server password?

chpasswd.cgi is just a simple program for changing NCSA style password
files. NCSA style password files does not have any expiry information.

Yes you can use your Windows NT passwords for Squid. The recommended
method is using winbind. See the Squid FAQ on authentication.

> This message is intended solely for the addressee. It is confidential and
> may be legally privileged.

This type of disclaimers is incomptatible with deliberately posting the
message in a public forum. You cannot expect the whole world to make sure
it is not distributed ot accessible to anyone else. PLEASE STOP SENDING
THIS TYPE OF DISCLAIMERS IN PUBLIC FORUMS!