[squid-users] Newbie question - Can anyone help with denied access

From: <jonathan_hughes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:07:25 -0200

List,

thanks for help in advance. I have read a lot of documents and have setup
my Squid 2.5 STABLE1 server according to a detailed document, I did find
differences in the location of the Squid binaries and files on my RH9
installation of Squid. The Squid server daemon starts fine when I run the
following as root from the bash prompt:

squid -N -d 1 -D

When I try to access the web page from a standard NT Windows 2000 machine
using Internet Explorer 5.0 I get the following error message from my Linux
Squid server:

-----------------------------------------------START Error Message Below
ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.com/

The following error was encountered:
      Access Denied.

      Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed
      at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this
      is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.

Generated Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:06:44 GMT by zaulnx01 (squid/2.5.STABLE1)

Can any experienced guy point me in the rigfht direction quickly??? All
help appreciated. Do I make a change in squid.conf or to actual directory
perms??

Thanks

Jonathan Hughes
Tech Support / Server Admin