Re: [squid-users] squid, force refresh, offline_mode bug?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:00:26 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, * Tong* wrote:

> As you can see, no reload-into-ims or ignore-reload is set.
>
> Doing a diff with the original .conf, I noticed the only reason
> might be that I've turned the offline mode on:

This will make Squid ignore reload requests and always give the cached
content if there is a cached copy. Only if there is nothing in the cache
will Squid go out on the internet.. (and stricly speaking that is a bug..
if offline Squid should not attempt to go to the Internet, but why not..).

If you have told Squid it is offline honoring no-cache does not make sense
as you have told Squid there is no Internet connection.