[squid-users] Slow to Stop - 2.5-STABLE on Solaris 8

From: Jesse Reynolds <lizst@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:18:44 +1100

Hi

Most of the time squid is taking about 30 seconds to shut down for
me. I have built 2.5-STABLE on Solaris 8. The same thing happens on
all 7 boxes here.

Occasionally it stops very quickly, but usally it just takes ages to stop.

Any way to make it stop faster? Any way to find out what it's doing
when it's stopping?

We are using squid for an accelerator only, it handles SSL
connections, and it starts up a simple redirector I've written in
perl.

Thankyou

Jesse