Re: [squid-users] serious problem with squid.

From: Mauro <mauro.sanna6@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:00:17 +0100

On Thursday 27 November 2003 11:56, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Mauro wrote:
> > Here is the file in attach.
> > I hope can have an help to solve this problem.
> > Thank you.
>
> Looks like there is serious packet loss between your proxy and the
> DNS servers causing DNS retransmissions to queue up and never get
> answered.
>
> Or maybe the DNS servers rate limit questions/responses per client
> (effectively the same).
>
> It might help running a caching DNS between Squid and your ISPs DNS
> servers.

Squid caches dns queries with ipcache, isn't it?
My proxy go through a firewall to connect to internet.
This firewall has port 53 open to permit dns queries.
If I restart squid it goes well for about 1 hour, what about this?
May be the problem depends by many client requests?
I have only about 600 clients using the proxy.
May be I solve putting a second network card, one to lan and one to
firewall?
Thank you.