Re: [squid-users] three questions on performance and forward proxying

From: squiduser <squiduser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:56:10 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, squiduser wrote:
>
> > Second, this proxy will not be talking to any other caches, it is behind
> > the company firewall and I think I turned it off correctly (I wont know
> > until I sniff the lab traffic).
> >
> > Is there a faq entry I am missing on disabling this so I know I set it up
> > correctly? Ive went over the current faq a few times and dont see this.
>
> What?

We are not wanting the squidbox talking to other caches. Take for example,
these faq entries:

How do I register my cache with NLANR's registration service?

How do I find other caches close to me and arrange parent/child/sibling
relationships with them?

My question would then be, how can I configure Squid so that it does not
allow the above two scenerios to occur?

thanks!

Greg