[squid-users] cache performance

From: Nelson Serrao <nelsonserrao82@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:03:49 +0530

hi,
my access.log shows a hit rate of 40%. but all this does not matter much
because the linux authentication box i use restricts bandwith of my customer
for obvious reasons. the cache server is on a live ip with a single nic. it
is place in between the router and linux authentication box. i was just
imagining the performance it would return if cache server was configured for
use on the lan. this would cause cached pages retreival at lan speeds and
the results would be wonderful. i am looking out for a way to do it. one of
the ways i thought to do this was to place it on the lan but all my
customers have the linux authentication box ip as its gateway. the next
thing was to use proxy on all client pcs which is a tedious job. any
transparent way to do this. thanks in advance