[squid-users] Does delay pool affect LAN Speed?

From: Cafe Admin <cafeadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:41:25 -0500

Hi,
I'm on a 1.7Mbps line, but I'm trying to simulate a slow line, which is
where my Squid will eventually be deployed.
I've setup a delay pool (Aggregate limit for class 1, 2, and 3) to limit
bandwidth to 40kbps and have conviced myself that my download is limited to
this speed. I have a 100Mbps LAN, yet if I visit sites that I know are
already cached, the images still pop slowly (~two at a time) just as you'd
see on a slow WAN with no cache. I was expecting that at least the images
will popup at LAN speed since they are cached. I'm sure the images in the
cache are fresh because I've set my refresh_pattern to overide-expire with a
long default expiry time for those image types. I have a caching-only BIND
DNS on the Squid box.

refresh_pattern -i \.jpg$ 20160 95% 43200 reload-into-ims override-expire

Any idea what is going on? Thanks.