Re: [squid-users] authentication problem and "Server redirected too many times (20)" error message

From: Rami Jaamour <rjaamour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:18:43 -0800

I do configure Mozilla to use the proxy, giving it the host name and
port and it worked in the past before I did the authentication, but when
Squid is configured to require authentication, then the browser (both
mozilla and IE) keep prompting for username and password. Is my
squid.conf correct to do the proxy authentication? When I hit cancel, I
get the following HTML error page:

  ERROR

    Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://soaptest.parasoft.com/calculator.wsdl

The following error was encountered:

    * Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

    http://soaptest.parasoft.com/calculator.wsdl

from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Internet
Explorer 3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work. Please
contact the cache administrator <mailto:webmaster> if you have
difficulties authenticating yourself or change
<http://katze.parasoft.com/cgi-bin/chpasswd.cgi> your default password.

Generated Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:19:40 GMT by katze.parasoft.com
(squid/2.5.STABLE4)

--
Rami Jaamour
SOAPtest <http://www.parasoft.com/jsp/products/home.jsp?product=SOAP>