Re: [squid-users] cache performance

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:36:25 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Nelson Serrao wrote:

> I spoke to my ISP and found that option b) is the only one thats going to
> work in my case. I need help on how to use proxy-arp on the proxy server to
> divide your internal network in
> two parts without renumbering.

See your OS documentation. Each OS does it slightly differently.

How to set up proxy-arp is a routing question, not a Squid question.

In Linux you assign the same IP on both interfaces and then set up routing
so the server knows which IP addresses of the local network segment are on
which side and then enable proxy_arp on the affected interfaces. If you
like you can cheat by using a 255.255.255.255 netmask on the "smallest"
interface, only requiring the routes for that interface.