[squid-users] ldap on freeBSD

From: Tomas Palfi <tpalfi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:18:22 -0000

Henrick,

No matter what I do I can't install ldap helpers on FreeBSD5.0. It
always bombs out on the lber.h and ldap.h

I have 2 installations running already on solaris 5.9, however, I
haven't succeeded on FreeBSD. I have installed openldap-2.0.27 (the
same as on solaris) with ldap v2.0 and the lber.h and ldap.h installed
in /usr/include

You have mentioned in one of mails that running make from the squid root
directory to build support functions. That bombed out with the same
error.

On the solaris boxes I have the lber.h and ldap.h in /usr/include as
well as /usr/local/include, however, the /usr/include are being used.
When I tried to install the openldap headers in /usr/include it still
did not work.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well chuffed with the authentication, however,
it's still bugging me why I can't run it on FreeBSD. I even tried to
edit the Makefile in the helpers, no success.

Thankf

tomas

--
tp