[squid-users] Parent-sibling structure with squidGuard in the parent

From: José Gerez Morata <jgm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:54:24 +0100

Hi,

we had a squid cache running on a RedHat box, for our entire organization
in a central location with squidGuard filtering contents in this box.

Now we have implemented 3 Windows box in regional offices and have setup
squid in this boxes like siblings of central squid. This tree machines
haven't acces to Internet, so it requests all cache fails to the central
one.

The cache_peer line in squid.conf is:

cache_peer parentSquid parent 80 3130 no-query no-digest
no-netdb-exchange

We want to make content filtering only in the central squid because there
aren't a squidGuard port to Windows.

It's possible to do that?

Regards,
José Gerez