Re: [squid-users] SSL rev proxy, redirector, 302 problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:29:28 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Jesse Reynolds wrote:

> I'm having a problem where the backend appserver sends a 302 (moved
> temporarily) which is an absolute URL, and begins with "http" rather
> than "https" because it can't see that it was an https URL that it is
> servicing.

This is one aspect of the general problem of the web server not knowing
it's real URL.

If you can it is absolutely best to address this in the web server to make
both the server and applications know the correct URL of the server,
allowing them to generate correct URLs whenever a full URL needs to be in
a reply of any form.

If this is not possible I would recommend looking into the eMARA product
from MARA Systems <url:http://www.marasystem.com/>.