Re: [squid-users] SSL rev proxy, redirector, 302 problems

From: Jesse Reynolds <lizst@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:53:06 +1100

At 10:43 +0100 4/12/03, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Jesse Reynolds wrote:
>
>> Right. So what is the best way of letting the web server know whether
>> the client is using HTTP or HTTPS ? We are currently thinking of
>> adding some lines to the redirector to add "&ssl=1" to the URLs if
>> the user is coming in via HTTPS, so that the application can know to
>> generate an https:// url rather than http:// - does this sound like
>> the best solution?
>
>I would use the "Front-End-Https: On" header of Squid-3.. you should
>avoid the use of redirectors unless you absolutely need to as these only
>worsens the situation.

Hi Henrik

Why do redirectors worsen the situation?

We are on 2.5 so can't use Front-End-Https: unfortuntaly, but that
sounds more elegant that what we're doing. We have gone ahead and
are tacking a SSL=1 param on the end of the URLs if they were
accessed with HTTPS, this is working well for us, if a bit ugly.

Regards

Jesse

--
   ::: Jesse Reynolds +61 (0)414 669 790 ::: AIM - jessedreynolds :::
   ::: Virtual Artists Pty Ltd, Adelaide ::: http://www.va.com.au :::