Re: [squid-users] Squid versus Microsoft ISA

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 11:57:07 +1100

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 02:41, Dave Augustus wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Realizing that most on this list are biased against Microsoft, I am
> asking you to put your biases aside and answer this question:
>
> Why should I as a manager consider using Squid over Microsoft ISA in an
> (almost) entirely Microsoft shop if neither solution is deployed yet?

Additionally, I'd like to add that
*) squid runs on NT (many thanks to Guido who maintains the native port)
*) squid is considerablly more tunable than ISA's proxy facilities.
*) I don't think it's fair to say that 'most on this list' are biased
against Microsoft. The list is here for folk who use squid, and many
(I'd have to say 90+%) support or interoperate with Microsoft
clients/servers and the like.

Rob