Re: [squid-users] squidGuard and Proxy forwarding

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 21:23:01 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Cyril COUPEL wrote:

> But when I configure the use of squidGuard and the parent peer proxy,
> squid seems to forward every time the original request instead of the
> request relyed by squidGuard (event when squidGuard change the URL or
> reject the requst via blacklist and ACL)

Then you have done something wrong in your configuration, preventing
squidGuard from being used.

redirectors happens long before Squid decides how it should forward the
request. After the redirector the original request is lost and it is not
possible Squid "forgets" about the redirected URL only because you have a
parent proxy.