Re: [squid-users] Zero Sized Reply [attn: long post]

From: Peter Smith <peter.smith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 11:40:55 -0600

I would like to say that I am using ~4 Squid-2.5.STABLE4's which have
about 190-250 users connected to each on average and haven't had any
problems with "Zero Sized Reply"s. I would probably suspect my
connection if that were the case. I'll post my squid.conf, however, so
you can look at it: (Hope it helps, sorry for the <censored>s)

hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY

acl virus1 urlpath_regex /readme\.exe$
http_access deny virus1

acl virus2a dstdomain us.f1.yahoofs.com
acl virus2b urlpath_regex /timeupdate\.exe$
http_access deny virus2a virus2b

acl virus3 urlpath_regex /explorer\.exe$
http_access deny virus3

acl virus4 dstdomain mars.raketti.net
http_access deny virus4

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access allow all

# ICP Peer:
acl peer1 src <censored>
cache_peer <censored> sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only weight=3
cache_peer_access <censored> deny QUERY
cache_peer_access <censored> allow all
acl peer2 src <censored>
cache_peer <censored> sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only weight=2
cache_peer_access <censored> deny QUERY
cache_peer_access <censored> allow all
acl peer3 src <censored>
cache_peer <censored> sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only weight=1
cache_peer_access <censored> deny QUERY
cache_peer_access <censored> allow all
icp_access allow all

# SNMP:
acl snmppublic <censored>
snmp_access allow snmppublic
snmp_access deny all

# Timeouts:
read_timeout 5 minutes
request_timeout 30 seconds
pconn_timeout 60 seconds
half_closed_clients on

shutdown_lifetime 0 seconds
negative_ttl 30 seconds
icp_query_timeout 1000 milliseconds

cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid
cache_dir aufs /cache1 4096 64 64
cache_dir aufs /cache2 4096 64 64
cache_dir aufs /cache3 4096 64 64
cache_mem 256 MB
maximum_object_size 256 MB
minimum_object_size 0
request_body_max_size 0
request_header_max_size 64 KB

# Just in case, skew the cache registration to go NOWHERE:
announce_host localhost

visible_hostname <censored>

http_port 3128

cache_mgr <censored>