Re: [squid-users] squid SSL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:51:03 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Esteban wrote:

> I was wondering if it was possible to make HTTPS between IE and Squid,
> and then HTTP between Squid and the WebServer ?

Yes if Squid is running as a HTTP accelerator infront of the web server.

No if Squid is being used as a Internet proxy, simply because IE does not
support SSL encrypted proxy connections.

> Actualy, I would like not my login and password to pass in clear on my
> LAN during Squid authentication.

You could consider using Digest authentication which solves this, but
unfortunately requires a separate password file.