[squid-users] Squid web acceleration for two

From: <Jerry_Harbour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:12:39 -0600

Hello,
  I am running squid as a https web accelerator and I need to add another
web server to be proxied. Here is the picture:

[internet-user] ----https----> [squid] -----http----> [intranet-webservers]

The problem is that the registered certificate that squid is configured
with has a name mismatch with the second web site being reverse-proxied.
It all works fine, but the user sees a warning and must click OK to
continue. I need to get rid of that pop-up warning by using a registered
certificate for the new web site.

Questions:

  Is there a way to run squid with multiple (two) certificates and
configure squid to use a given one if a given web site is accessed?

I also tried to run two instances of squid with the second binding to
different ports (like 444, instead of 443) but the second version of squid
detects that squid is already running and refuses to start. Is there a way
to run another copy of squid so I can configure for the second certificate?
I could not find a pid file if that is what squid uses as a marker.

Thanks for your help or suggestions,
Jerry.