[squid-users] 2.5.4: "WARNING: Disk space over limit: -755964 KB > 817152 KB" and huge memory usage

From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:04:39 -0500

Hello, I'd first off like to thank the squid team for a fantastic
product. Keep up the excellent work.

Now I'd like to present the problem I have run into. I have hit google
for this one, and found close matches, but never squid complaining about
NEGATIVE numbers. It is not a typeo. This is what shows up in my logs:

WARNING: Disk space over limit: -755964 KB > 817152 KB

This happens every few seconds.

At the same time this started yesterday, I found that squid is using
399MB of memory. It used to take approximately 20.

I can still use the proxy, although it is very sluggish.

The version of squid I am using is 2.5.4.

I set squid up the first time around many months ago, and have only made
minor modifications to squid.conf, the last of which was October 15th.

Any input and ideas would be much appreciated.