Re: [squid-users] [OT] Buy my book?

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:46:52 +0000

On Thursday 11 December 2003 3:37 pm, fire-eyes wrote:

> I appreciate this list being here, but why am I seeing what appear to be
> automated responses from wessels@squid-cache.org to buy his book? Not
> exactly a useful response to myself and others.
>
> I'm new to this list, is this normal here?

Not really - what you are seeing is something like a sig, but placed at the
top of the email instead of the bottom.

Certainly in the four emails Duane posted this morning, he has responded to
the questions further down in his reply, although I can understand your
confusion on seeing the advert at the top and thinking perhaps that's all
there was.

In my opinion top posting is bad enough, but mixing top posting and bottom
posting in the same email is apalling.

Antony.

--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.
 - Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine