RE: [squid-users] .pac file/newbie guide request here

From: Sturgis, Grant <Grant.Sturgis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:12:03 -0700

I put the .pac file on the workstations, and update it via login script. This allows me to do things like:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.10.14.0", "255.255.255.0"))
return "PROXY 10.10.10.10:3128";
return "DIRECT";
}

which allows laptops to go home and work correctly, without a proxy server, on their broadband connection.

-GS