Re: [squid-users] [OT] Buy my book?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:01:15 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, fire-eyes wrote:

> I appreciate this list being here, but why am I seeing what appear to be
> automated responses from wessels@squid-cache.org to buy his book? Not
> exactly a useful response to myself and others.

All messages I have seen has included usefull comments further down in the
message.

> I'm new to this list, is this normal here?

It is not normal, but I would say he is fully entitled to include such
advertisements in any messages he sends in any manner he pleases, at least
as long as the rest of the message corresponds with the guidelines for the
squid-users mailing list. He is after all the "father" of Squid and who is
paying for all costs around the squid-cache.org site and mailing lists
(via one of his companies).

For convenience to the readers I usually place advertisements in the
bottom sig when I want to advertise for my services, but I did not mind
seeing this specific one at the top (but suspect from the look that it was
meant to be bottom sig). It is a farily big news that finnaly after more
than 6 years there is now a book only about using Squid. It is a major
step for Squid and should be noiced ;-)